Monday, April 22, 2013

April is animal cruelty awareness month.

If anyone truly knows me, they know that I absolutely adore my animals. All of them, well the birds not so much really, but, I make sure they are taken care of as long as they are under my care. For April I am writing trying to help the animals. Trying to raise awareness. Trying to get people to realize the enormous situation we have with shelters and dog fighting and cruelty. Please do you part and help. You know, I have to share a story. Since my doggies have switch to organic food they have put on some pounds, which is good because my one dog has gone through throwing up problems when her stomach becomes empty. Seems she outgrew it and it also seems kinda common for Labradoodles. So my daughter and I are out walking our dogs and before we leave our street we hear a scratching noise on the fence across the street from where we are standing. We look to see a pit bull hanging from the fence. We're thinking "there's no way this dog is gonna make it." SURPRISE. She made it and came charging for my dogs. After the second of panic I take charge (I have two dogs and my child with me) and stick my foot out to block my littliest dog from what was charging at her. Then in my deep dog training voice yell....NO GO HOME. So, she did. She went back home and they let her in the front door. Here is the reason I am telling you this. She was a pit bull, people are afraid of pit bulls. This family is very lucky that I am not. So I walked to the front door and a teenager opens the door. I tell her what happened and her response was "Yea, she does that so we bought her a chain." I think she saw the look on my face, where the heck is the chain. Two points to make here.... 1. If I was afraid of pit bulls I would have called the police and had the dog deemed as aggressive. Easily could end up in a shelter or even put down. For your dogs sake be responsible! It wasn't the dogs fault he came over the fence. You knew about it, take care of it. 2. Don't put that chain close to the fence. I could've easily been over there trying to save the dog from hanging itself. They are under your care, make sure you use sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment